Thursday, December 31, 2020

New Videos, and saying goodbye to 2020

 Much like everyone, 2020 has not been a fun year.

I spent a lot of time at home, which doesn't change much for me cause I'm mostly an introvert

I worked from home

My partner has worked from home

My poor kitty crossed the rainbow bridge in June due to cancer

We've had one lock down yes...but what about second and third lock downs? (which is happening right now)

We had a potential Covid infection scare in my household

Service workers who are working at grocery stores and retail places having to put up with entitled bullshit from their customers, and I feel for them, cause it's a hard job, and I try to be as pleasant and gentle with them as possible. (I've worked and still work in a way, in the service industry in retail)

.....and here we are.


However, I have been delving into an alternative J-Fashion that is inspired by Rococo styled dress, and I've made two videos.

The first video is on how to mend your own clothes from holes, where the mending is visible.  

The second is the various stitches that you can use to hem, or mend, or sew your own clothes, with a strength demonstration.

Both videos will be below this segment of text.

In all honesty I hope to be able to work from home even after Covid is a long distant memory (cause I can get more done while I'm home without the hour to hour and a half of transit time), and hopefully 2021 will be less of a dumpster fire that 2020 was.

I hope you all stay healthy, and safe, and a Happy New Year.

 
 
 
 
 

 
 


 


No comments:

Lables and hashtags

1940s acrylic aes sedai along -a -thon alpaca animals Applique n' Patch Quilt basics bath bellydance bighat blog body books borax Bronze Wombat butterick pattern by hand camping Canada carving cat Christmas clothing college community poll cool cosmetics cosplay CosTube costumes COVID-19 crafts Creativ Festival creepy crochet crowdfunding Curiosity dangerous detergent DIY diy crafts duct tape dying Earth Day easter eco-awareness embroidery enviro-friendly environment errata fabric face mask Fallout Fallout game Fallout4 Fallouttv felt fibre Firefly foam food free free knitting pattern fun games gear geek gianthat gifts hallowe'en halloween hand made handsewing handspinning handspun yarn happy Harry Potter hat hat making hatmaking hats history historybounding holidays home decor homemade hood how to howtosew internet Jayne kitchen knitting knitting pattern Ko-Fi larp learning leather machinesewing make do and mend Mars medieval mending merino millinery mixed media modern music My Little Pony name change natural needle felting needlefelting paint painting paper piecing Patchwork Sanity pattern patterndrafting photos pink plant plastic canvas plushie polymer clay questions quilting re-purpose re-use reading recipe recycle robert jordan s school Science scraps Serenity sew with me sewing sewingmachine sewingtools sheep silk silly sirensuit slowfashion soap social distancing socks Space special events spinning stash stitch with me stitches summer thank you thrift tiktok tools tooltip Toronto toy trade show tutorial up-cycle update video viking vintage vintage pattern vintagemachine vintagesewing vintagestyle visible mending vote walkaway dress walkawaydresschallenge waste not weather weaving website links wheel of time winter wool wotcraftalong yarn youtube