Saturday, October 28, 2017

Bedroom - DIY re-do of a hamper

Hello denizens of the Internet!

I had this ancient hamper.  I'm thinking it was from the 60s?  70s?  It was all black, with the silver star in the corner in the front.  It had a a vinyl cover that had some padding in it.  However, the vinyl cracked and the stuffing inside got gross.

So, I cut that all off with a craft knife, grabbed a can of spray paint (which is drying surprisingly fast), and coated the whole thing.  I'm currently in the process of waiting for it to dry before bringing it inside and covering the pressed wood top.


Here's a mid progress pic.




I do have an Instagram account, and if you want to see what other stuff I've been working on, please visit.  The link is https://www.instagram.com/kieraoona/

I also have a closed Facebook group.  It's closed to keep spammers out, and to help prevent bullying and/or flame wars. You can join the group if you like.  That link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/401631506917961/

Also, If you would like to donate to my Ko-Fi account (Kinda like a Patron account but links to my paypal account, with no pay wall), it would really help out to get supplies, or buy me some actual coffee (tea is my preference), or help me save to get a really big thing, like a better video camera other than my cellphone to do videos.  Or help to get some decent video editing software better than Microsoft's video editor (cause it's really not that easy or great to use)... Or help me save up to get one big thing (like a spinning wheel or a knitting machine). Cuz, well, I work a slightly above minimum wage full time job, but after having to adult, and pay bills, I do not have much wiggle room to get supplies.   I also try to keep my content as de-monatized as possible cause we all get inundated with advertising all the time.  I digress....my Ko-Fi account link is:  https://ko-fi.com/kieraoona

No comments:

Lables and hashtags

1940s acrylic aes sedai along -a -thon alpaca animals Applique n' Patch Quilt basics bath bellydance bighat blog body books borax Bronze Wombat butterick pattern by hand camping Canada carving cat Christmas clothing college community poll cool cosmetics cosplay CosTube costumes COVID-19 crafts Creativ Festival creepy crochet crowdfunding Curiosity dangerous detergent DIY diy crafts duct tape dying Earth Day easter eco-awareness embroidery enviro-friendly environment errata fabric face mask Fallout Fallout game Fallout4 Fallouttv felt fibre Firefly foam food free free knitting pattern fun games gear geek gianthat gifts hallowe'en halloween hand made handsewing handspinning handspun yarn happy Harry Potter hat hat making hatmaking hats history historybounding holidays home decor homemade hood how to howtosew internet Jayne kitchen knitting knitting pattern Ko-Fi larp learning leather machinesewing make do and mend Mars medieval mending merino millinery mixed media modern music My Little Pony name change natural needle felting needlefelting paint painting paper piecing Patchwork Sanity pattern patterndrafting photos pink plant plastic canvas plushie polymer clay questions quilting re-purpose re-use reading recipe recycle robert jordan s school Science scraps Serenity sew with me sewing sewingmachine sewingtools sheep silk silly sirensuit slowfashion soap social distancing socks Space special events spinning stash stitch with me stitches summer thank you thrift tiktok tools tooltip Toronto toy trade show tutorial up-cycle update video viking vintage vintage pattern vintagemachine vintagesewing vintagestyle visible mending vote walkaway dress walkawaydresschallenge waste not weather weaving website links wheel of time winter wool wotcraftalong yarn youtube