Saturday, September 28, 2024

Changes and updates - Visible Mending - Tinker Toronto - Millinery video

Some of you who have been to this blog before, may notice some changes.  I've decided to remove the older content, as it would be irrelevant for use anymore, because most of the links are outdated, I don't use certain sites anymore, or for other reasons. 

With that said, I am trying to work on newer content, and I'm continually updating my YouTube, for more tutorials and content.  

I have several projects on the go, but these things will take time to create, and publish.  

 In the meantime, I suggest going to check out my YouTube Channel or my Instagram for additional content, which is where I post the most frequently.

 


As an update, on September 19 (2024) I had visited Bampot House of Tea and Board Games, for a night of teaching people how to mend their clothes, through means of "visible mending".  I even managed to finish a patch on my own Threadbanger T-shirt.  

Since Threadbanger has sadly disbanded (they have their reasons for no longer continuing, and please respect their privacy) I want to keep wearing the tees I bought as long as possible. 

I'm still creating videos with the spirit of Threadbanger in mind as best I can, and I want to keep making more content for those of you to follow along at home, in the spirit of DIY.

I also now have a Linktree, where you can find free patterns I'm working on, which I only have one available at the moment, but again in the spirit of DIY, a lot of it is "do it yourself" as the format may leave a few people scratching their heads.

I also have been taking classes at George Brown College, to bolster what I know in the realm of sewing, and have even completed my Millinery certificate!  That's hat making for those who don't know the term.

 


With that said, if you like my videos, please go to my channel, like, subscribe and comment, and pass the info along to friends, or family, as it really helps to boost the algorithm to let Youtube know you want to see more.  It also helps me with a bit of a serotonin bump, knowing that you like what you see, find it useful, and want to see more.

I also have a Ko-Fi page in which you can donate to help keep me caffeinated, or to help me get supplies to showcase more builds and more DIY tutorials, since sewing with a camera in my lap gets really awkward, and could really use better audio equipment, as well as fabrics to make things to show you how it's done.  Especially if you like hats, cosplay or just want to learn how to sew.

If you want to donate, please scan the QR code below:

 
I'm also writing a small e-zine on how to do sewing in general, with techniques, tools, ideas, but it's slow going, so it might be a while as I'm hand writing it, but I also plan on making a typed up version for people who need it, which will eventually be available on my Ko-Fi page as well.

In the meantime, I'm working on more school, as well as a new video, so stay tuned!